Sticky loaf has to be one of the most moreish of fruit loaves. With a reminiscent malt loaf exterior, rich gooey interior filled with all-bran, sultanas, and nuts, this recipe makes for a perfect breakfast addition or afternoon tea treat.
Here’s how to make your own – very easy to do!
- 1 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- 1 heaped cup of all-bran
- 1 heaped cup of sugar
- 1 heaped cup of sultanas
- 1 cup cashew nuts (whole)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 heaped cup of self-raising flour
- Preheat oven 180C
- Put all-bran, sugar and sultanas into a bowl, mix
- Stir in the milk and leave for 1 hour
- Mix in the syrup and cashew nuts
- Sieve in the flour, mix well
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin – make sure you also have greased baking paper at the bottom of the tin
- Bake for 1 ½ hours
Of course, do not forget to serve with butter (essential). If you’re craving more flavour, you could always add spices such as nutmeg or cinnamon.
And last but not least, enjoy with a cup of Chai or Ginger tea.
By Melodie Walter