This is Easter Bank Holiday weekend and we couldn’t let it pass by without making something that involves two of the main staples: chocolate and eggs! Eggster All Sorts cakes are quick and easy to make, and lots of fun too.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- 100g Vanilla white chocolate
- 100g Mini chocolate eggs
- 3 small caramel eggs
- Gold rainbow dust from the Edible Silk Range
- Heat the oven to 190C.
- Cream the butter, honey and sugar together. Stir in both the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix.
- Put 8 generous spoonfuls of the cake mixture on an ungreased baking sheet (about 2 inches apart).
- Put the rest of the mixture in a non-stick12-cup muffin tray.
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden.
- While they are baking, unwrap your Lindt mini eggs, and larger Cadbury eggs (you may want to cut these into halves).
- Once baked, place a chocolate egg into the centre of each cake.
- Leave the cakes to cool for 25-30 mins.
- Break up your bar of white Lindt vanilla chocolate and melt.
- Use a spoon to cover the cakes with the melted chocolate in fun designs (try to vary – this is the fun part) and add sprinkles onto the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the gold rainbow dust over the chocolate egg.
The beauty of these cakes is that they are all about variation – hence the name ‘all sorts’. And seeing as it is Easter, you can add as much sugary goodness as you like, guilt-free!
By Melodie Walter