baking, cooking, food, fruit, Homes, lemon, pancake day, pancakes, recipe, strawberries, sugar
Happy Pancake day to all our readers and followers. We’d thought we’d share our simple pancake recipe with you. We love ours simply with a little lemon and a sprinkle of sugar… how do you eat yours?
110g plain flour
Pinch of salt
½ pint of milk (can use half water and half milk)
Selection of your favourite toppings
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl; add the egg
- Add ¼ of the milk and stir carefully with a wooden spoon, beat the mixture until it is smooth and then let it stand for 15mins
- Slowly add and beat together the rest of the milk and then use an egg whisk to get air into the mixture – Into a small pan add a dessert spoon of oil and heat until you can see steam rising faintly, pour the mixture on to the pan so that it covers the whole area in a thin layer
- Cook for 2mins each side
- And then sprinkle with your favourite toppings.
Now the weather is finally warming up, we have the perfect emergency recipe for you this week; raspberry delight. Tickle your tastebuds with this creamy fruity treat: lemon, melon, cream cheese and raspberries – fight the spring blues!
4 mini lemon cakes (broken up)
200g cream cheese
1 dessert spoon sugar
100g melon (cut in to chunks)
- Whip the cream cheese and then beat the sugar in thoroughly.
- Pop 8 raspberries in to a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, pop half the mixture in a wine glass and the rest in to another. Put the glasses in the fridge until mixture is cool.
- Once it is has cooled, add some cut melon on top, leaving aside one chunk to put on top for decoration.
- Put 3/4 of the cream cheese mixture in to the glasses on top of the melon, dividing between the two glasses. – Add on top the lemon cake mixture, dividing between the two glasses.
- Next a couple more dollops of cream cheese mixture and raspberries and decorate with a slice of lemon
- Emergency pudding sorted!
By Melodie Walter