Using a few basic ingredients you’ve got kicking about in the cupboard, this can be made (and eaten!) in less than 20 minutes. A simply delicious pasta dish that makes the perfect midweek supper.
500g chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
300g pasta, we’ve used fusilli, but any you’ve got in the cupboard will work
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to season
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about – 5 minutes – don’t worry about it being totally cooked through at this point as it will continue to cook as the dish simmers. Next add the shallots and cook for a further minute.
- Now add the stock, cream, pasta and Herbs de Provence and stir. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer. Leave for 15-20 minutes, stirring very occasionally, until the pasta is soft and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and serve. No-fuss and totally delicious!
By Millie Norton
baking, biscuit, cake, cheesecake, cherry, chocolate, cream, lime, pie, recipe, Summer
Now the weather is finally warming up, we have the perfect emergency recipe for you this week; raspberry delight. Tickle your tastebuds with this creamy fruity treat: lemon, melon, cream cheese and raspberries – fight the spring blues!
4 mini lemon cakes (broken up)
200g cream cheese
1 dessert spoon sugar
100g melon (cut in to chunks)
- Whip the cream cheese and then beat the sugar in thoroughly.
- Pop 8 raspberries in to a bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, pop half the mixture in a wine glass and the rest in to another. Put the glasses in the fridge until mixture is cool.
- Once it is has cooled, add some cut melon on top, leaving aside one chunk to put on top for decoration.
- Put 3/4 of the cream cheese mixture in to the glasses on top of the melon, dividing between the two glasses. – Add on top the lemon cake mixture, dividing between the two glasses.
- Next a couple more dollops of cream cheese mixture and raspberries and decorate with a slice of lemon
- Emergency pudding sorted!
By Melodie Walter
Kick the dreary winter blues out with this delicious cherry, chocolately and lime-drizzled cheesecake!
300g dark chocolate digestive biscuits (crushed)
150g butter (slightly melted)
227ml double cream
600g soft cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g icing sugar
410g canned dark cherry fruit filling
2 fresh limes
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp water
2 tsp cornstarch
- Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together and put into a 20cm springform baking tin and chill in the fridge for an hour
- Beat together the soft cream cheese; then beat in the icing sugar and vanilla extract and finally thoroughly beat in the double cream
- Layer the mixture on top of the biscuit base from the outwards inwards so that it is spread evenly – Put in the fridge over night
– Add fruit topping and return the cheesecake to the fridge while you make the lime sauce
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a bowl until the mixture is smooth
- Heat the lime juice and sugar on a medium heat, then add in the cornstarch mixture
- Heat and stir until the sauce thickens and begins to boil
– Allow to cool and then drizzle over the cheesecake
- Eat when ready to be demolished – yum yum!
By Melodie Walter